Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer Happenings

{image}
I can't believe it's already July. Oh please, dear summer, don't slip through my hands!

Ever since school got out (& my school-year job) I've had a hard time letting my guard down; to let myself taste freedom. Afraid that as soon as I let myself relax, someone will say, "gottcha!" and it will be time for another school year to begin.

Seriously Debbie Downer? Stop the madness.

This summer started out a little bumpy. My husband lost his job at the end of May, and in the interim, is taking programming courses. Since that time, we've been trying to figure out the delicate dance of how to both work at home in a small place. It's not bad, just different. I need to figure out a balance to get my mojo back.

The other hiccup? The construction noises all around us. Oh the construction. I'll post more about that later, because oh yes, it deserves its own post!


But let us throw our cares to the wind for a moment, like I did last week, and come with me over the mountain pass to eastern WA and have us some good old country summer fun!

Can't you just smell that fresh country air?
Yes, this is a real place.

Where daisy's grow wild and free


A place where the sun kisses sheets til they're dry


Where grass grows high and green



And birds chirp, butterflies fly and old trucks bask in the sun


A place full of family and lots of love



It's one of my very favorite places. Where I could actually let my guard down, and let summer seep in.

There's nothing like a 4th of July small town parade.
Lots of candy throwing, horse clomping, flag flying, veterans marching, big rig driving, and loads of old-fashioned country pride.


One of my favorite perks of the week, was driving with my mom and dad in their canary yellow convertible Jeepster (1947, 48 or 49...sorry dad, I can't remember). Hard to feel anything but free with the breeze blowing through my hair in the back seat, riding with two of my favorite people.


And what's real country living without some good old farm grown produce? Ah, the fresh smell of the onions, green beans, cherries and peaches - like you'd grown it yourself, but without any of the work. Now that's my kind of gardening. hahaha Made for a delicious stir fry.


What else did we do out in this little piece of Heaven?
Lovely walks with my mom & lots of snake sightings. Eeew! Luckily they were pretty small. 


And fun family games out on the freshly cut lawn.


I came back a little early to celebrate my sweetheart's birthday. He wasn't able to come with me due to his courses.

He and his dad were both born on the 4th of July. Imagine that!

It's starting to feel more like summer!



Never miss a post! Subscribe to ShannonSews
Like on facebook.com/SSorensenDesigns
Follow @ShannonSews1 on Twitter
Subscribe to youtube.com/ShannonSews

3 comments:

  1. beautiful descriptions of your relaxing summer week at the ranch and beautiful photos -- as always! I miss it i miss it i miss it. ESPECIALLY summer. you described it so well. i try myself to describe it and usually the words that come to mind are happiness, peace, beauty, relaxed. I really wish we could have been there for the 4th celebrations. those new games look fun. did everyone come out? hancocks, fannins, rachael?

    enjoy your summer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! It was so relaxing and wonderful to be up there. I wish so much you guys could have been there too! Schedules were a little wonky, so some of the H kids came up one night, Natalie, Dave and Quinn came up the next morning and I left the evening they arrived. Fannin's didn't come up until after I left so I never even saw them & Rachael went to California for a few days. As you can see we were all over the place! :)

      Enjoy your summer too! I love seeing your cute posts and pictures!!

      Delete
  2. Kick back and enjoy your summer! I wish Rod the best with his programming classes. When are we going to see you? Your photos and words want me to come up your way....

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for your comments! ♥

Blogging tips