Friday, November 4, 2011

Under the weather

It's that time of year again.
I woke up yesterday with a raging sore throat. Ugh.

Luckily, with lots of sleep, a hearty decongestant, juice, soup, and a mug of steaming hot water with lemon and honey (does wonders for sore throats), I think I'm turning a corner.

Okay, and I did catch up a little on this and this:
Any of you watch them? Crazy/Good. I'll admit, the line gets a little fuzzy but I'm hooked.










In case you're wondering where the term "under the weather" came from, here's a little idiom lesson for a Friday afternoon. Enjoy your weekend!

Under the Weather - from KidsHealth
"When it's gray and rainy out, does that affect how you feel? This expression comes from the idea that bad weather might hurt a person's health and mood. The saying also may be related to "under the weather bow," the part of a boat that will take the force of rough seas during stormy weather...."
{image credits: MS Clipart; abctv; CWTV} 


P.S.  My shag fleece pillow case was featured in a couple of etsy treasuries here and here. Does a heart good.


Never miss a post! Subscribe to ShannonSews
Like on facebook.com/SSorensenDesigns
Follow @ShannonSews1 on Twitter
Subscribe to youtube.com/ShannonSews

1 comment:

  1. did you take some days off from work? watching some good tv shows always makes me feel better. :0) see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for your comments! ♥

Blogging tips