Sunday, May 22, 2011

Write down your design ideas

“You are today where your thoughts have brought you;
you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you.”
- James Allen

Where do your ideas go?

I have realized lately that if I have design ideas swirling around in my head I'd better write them down or they will A) get lost in the recesses of my mind, B) linger, but get fuzzier by the day or C) haunt my dreams until I finally get them down on paper.



And what better place to jot and sketch than this cute little notebook by Izak Zenou (my new fave). Found it at Target.
Think of it this way, every great design once started as an idea.
So start writing those ideas down!



4 comments:

  1. That is so true. Yet I always seem to forget to write them down. Or I get the idea in the middle of the night when I wake up and can't get back to sleep. And I'm too drowsy to get up and write them down.
    Love the new notebook. Maybe if I got a new notebook I'd be more likely to write them down. Thanks for the reminder though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! There have been so many times when I get an idea in the middle of the night. More than a few times I've grabbed my flashlight or just written in the dark on a piece of paper that I hope I can read the next morning! haha There's no controlling when inspiration hits! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, i already have that cute notebook

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for your comments! ♥

Blogging tips