Friday, February 18, 2011

Twin Needles: double the fun

I have a sewing machine with lots of stitch designs to choose from, but 99% of the time I end up just using a plain old straight stitch._ _ _ _

I bought a twin needle a while back, well, just because, but hadn't ever tried it. So in a moment of madness, I pulled it out and gave it a whirl.


I was pretty careful putting that twin needle in. My machine directions say, "turn your machine off and unplug it before adding your twin needle". Wow. I guess somebody's machine worked when it was turned off and stabbed them with those two razor sharp points. Sounds like I've watched one too many Lifetime Movies to me.

Anyway, they scared me into being careful. But I'm a rebel and didn't go so far as to unplug my machine.
And yes, my fingers are still all in tact.

Ah, so that's what that extra post is for! If you have two spools of thread the same color, add it to your extra post. If not, you can use a bobbin with the same thread.



It was a little strange threading from two spools down the sewing machine obstacle course...I kept feeling like they were going to start tangling any moment. But they didn't. Both threads stayed where they were supposed to. Just thread each through their own eye.

The twin needle is just what it says it is.
Very parallel.

Perfect finish for a t-shirt or other decorative stitch.
Just watch for corners. No pivot privileges. It's a lift and re-start.

3 comments:

  1. Love this! I bought one several years ago for the same reason--just because I might need to try it out. I have never tried it and now I want to--thanks! I think it would be great on pants seams. I have also double sewn some seams on plain stuff and this would have looked better than what I did! Can't wait to break it out and see what happens. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stitch would look cool on anything denim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your machine is so fancy! Good job rod for picking out the top o the line machine! He must have known you were gonna live on the edge!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for your comments! ♥

Blogging tips