Monday, September 20, 2010

Ruffle embellished t-shirt refashion

It's clear that I'm totally obsessed with ruffles. If the trend suddenly stops, I'll be in trouble and have to cut out half my wardrobe!

I saw this ruffles shirt refashion on Made by Lex and loved how she combined cream and white. So, I decided to try it myself.

I started with this white clearance t-shirt at Kohls ($4.00!) and a clearance cream t-shirt and white t-shirt to cut up.


I cut cream strips in varying widths - about 1" - 1-1/2" wide, ruffled them, and this is what I came up with:

I added a ruffle to the sleeve from another cut-up white t-shirt because the sleeves were a tad bit too short for my liking.

I love wearing this with my jean jacket.
One trick I learned when washing my own ruffled tee's is not to completely machine dry them. Some knit ruffles will bunch up and become whithered and scrunched.

Instead, I throw my t-shirt in the dryer for about 3-4 minutes to fluff out any wrinkles. Then I take it out, smooth out the ruffles, and hang it to dry the rest of the way.

It really isn't that much of a bother and beats having to iron the ruffles out after the shirt comes out of the dryer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for your comments! ♥

Blogging tips