Sunday, September 12, 2010

Refashion: Men's shirt to skirt

Once again I was inspired by other people. I was browsing Made by Lex and ran across her men's shirt refashion and knew I had to try it myself!

This looks like an ordinary clearance rack men's button up shirt, right? Not when I got through with it.

From this:





To this breezy summer delight:

I made it with a t-shirt waist band I'd seen other people try and it worked great. I also cut a strip for a ruffle, folded it in half and sewed it on. It has been so fun to wear this summer.

I even surprised my friends and family with my men's shirt transformation. Now every time I wear any new skirt my little nephews ask me whether it first had been a men's shirt! haha! I guess you never know with me.


4 comments:

  1. Hubs owns like a million Hawaiian shirts...I don't think he'll miss a couple of them if I turn them into skirts.... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO CUTE! Love it to pieces, esp. the cool neutral color scheme in the crazy Hawaiian pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the waistband and ruffle hem. So glad I found your blog, so much great project inspirations, I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why couldn't you make one with a flannel shirt?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for your comments! ♥

Blogging tips